This is how my studio looked like last Thursday (July 3rd 2008). It was full of hardware, guitar and bass amps, bass guitars, electric guitars, cables, effect pedals, synths, carry bags with equipment inside, and some odd brown stuff from one of our cats’ stomachs, too. In other words, a typical scenario where all I did was do dump stuff on the floor when coming from a gig and just picking it up later.
It certainly needed a cleanup, badly. Also, the desktop was a mess, controllers here and there. It didn’t help that I had some new hardware available including a new screen that was just gathering dust in one corner. Somehow it’s hard to switch gears, you always worry about incompatibilities and issues with projects when you switch from one computer to another.
Here’s the room July 4th 2008, a day later. All the amplifiers et rest have their own specific location in the room. All guitars and bass guitars are in a certain location, too, close to the practice amp and the audio interface so they could be quickly hooked in if needed.
I found an unused stand for music where I put my UC33-e controller and an USB mike. Finally have the MacPro up and running with a new monitor. And yes, the floor has been cleaned up from odd stuff found.
As part of this operation I got inspired to make more electronic music, have 15+ minutes in the pipeline. I hope to release a “Something/Everything” podcast soon, as well as take selected parts and release them as tracks or something similar. More about that later.