Ok, this is what you get when you don’t clean up your MIDI keyboard from time to time, particles settle in, and cause all kind of havoc. This time I recorded a couple of film music snippets (more about that shortly), and at that time I didn’t think about it, but some of the Zebra software synths sounded really sharp and with a high filter setup.
The more I thought about it, it’s not good, so I went in and looked at the MIDI input with Logic, and yes, the velocity settings were all totally wrong, high values! So I had to go in and clean up those strange values, one by one.
Lesson learned, always keep a bottle of compressed air around, and spray out any strange particles inside your keyboard.